Monday, March 30, 2009

Last but not the end

It has taken me several months now to complete just the basic explorations. I have learned a lot and can see potential use for many of the things I've been exposed to. I think using on-line buisiness tools instead of licensing MS products might save the library money! It's worth looking into. Sharing tagging duty with other librarians is also a possibility and would enhance searching for us. It was funny to look at the list of Web 2.0 winners for 2007 and see things in first place I never heard of!

I wish there had been more guidance or actual classes for some of the explorations. I often felt under the gun to get through a session, and although I might want to take more time with it, the time was used up trying to figure things out, making mistakes, learning how to delete off the blog and then repost. If someone shows me how to do something, I pick it up easily. But teaching myself, especially when the computer at work might be very slow, is frustrating.

Some of the staff blogs are wonderful. They are beautiful to look at and easy to read. I think that many of these staff probably have been blogging before, or use their free time to do so. It would be to the system's advantage to tap some of that talent/interest to design some of what we offer the public or for our intranet. We have so many talented and interesting staff!

No comments: